Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tasty Little Nuggets

Yesterday I blended up a tin of 6-bean blend (well-drained then rinsed first), mixed it in with mashed potatoes, added a bit of sea salt, then added enough flour so the mixture could be easily rolled into little walnut-sized balls. I used rice flour, but I would think almost any type of flour would work for these. These could be cooked up as little balls for h'ors doeuvres or as part of a dinner plate, but this time I chose to flatten them with my palms and cooked them up in a pan with a bit of oil til lightly golden brown. Very nice with a bit of a dip but fine just on their own. Quick, nutritious, easy peasy, inexpensive, and would make a nice "chicken nugget" alternative for kids as well. Next time we're going to experiment with different spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment